Dr Mahmudul Hassan is a Lecturer in Immersive Technologies. His research interest spreads in various domains of the Immersive technology spectrum (VR, AR and MR). Currently he is focusing on applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques within ‘Serious Games’ to develop VR/AR/MR based procedural training and performance assessment modules.
Before joining as a lecturer at SCEDT, he worked as a Research fellow at SHLS in Teesside University where he developed a ‘Virtual Bio-Reactor simulator (THYME project and Advanced Therapy Skills Training Network (ATSTN) project) for bio-process operator training (Upstream and Downstream) and automated performance assessment. He has got his Ph.D. from Monash University (Malaysia) in Computer Science (Computer Vision and Machine Learning).
Summary of Research Interests
His research interests include, but not limited to the following areas:
- Virtual Reality in ‘Serious Game’ based procedural training.
- Game based Learning Management System development.
- Applying Machine Learning and AI in serious games.
- Developing Data driven simulation and digital twins.
- Mixed, Hybrid and Augmented reality applications.
- IOT in XR.
- Computer Vision Applications in agriculture.