Projects per year
Olugbenga is a professor in digital innovation at Teesside University with a passion for developing intelligent solutions for low-carbon economy. Olugbenga holds a PhD in AI-driven Building Information Modelling (BIM) for low-waste construction from the University of the West of England (UWE) Bristol. He worked at UWE Bristol as an Associate Professor with a focus on immersive technologies and AI development for industrial applications prior to joining Teesside University. His research interests include business applications of immersive technologies, digital twin for engineering processes, and the application of emerging technologies for climate adaptation and resilience. He has worked with large businesses and SMEs on research grants (funded by Innovate UK, EPSRC and BEIS) with a total project value of £18.7 million. The focus of the projects include computer vision for onsite processes and safety, BIM for carbon minimisation, conversational-AI for boosting construction productivity, augmented reality for infrastructure maintenance, and digital twin for airplane dynamics simulation.
Summary of Research Interests
• Intelligent systems for low-carbon economy
• Industrial applications of immersive technologies
• Digital twin for engineering processes
• Emerging technologies for climate adaptation and resilience
Research Projects & External Funding
- IntelliSite: enabling safer and more efficient construction through video analytics and machine learning. UKRI Ideas to Address COVID-19@ £832,243.
- Computer Vision and IoT for Personalised Site Monitoring Analytics in Real-Time towards Behaviour-Based Safety (AIVR Lookout). Innovate UK @ £799,999.
- Transport Infrastructure Efficiency Strategy (TIES) Living Lab funded by Innovate UK@£16.278 million. Conversational-AI interfaces for dashboard navigation within Costain’s intelligent infrastructure control centre.
Learning and Teaching Interests and Activities
I am teaching the following modules in the 2022/23 academic year:
- Semester 1: Ethics for AI
- Semester 2: Artificial Intelligence Ethics and Applications
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
- 1 Finished