Research Output per year
Ryan Williams is studying a PhD in Education, investigating how social media platforms can be used as a classroom resource. He was awarded a First Class Honours in Applied Sports Science from Teesside University in 2014.
Ryan has worked on numerous digital marketing campaigns for companies in the FMCG sector.
- Social Media and Student Engagement
- 21st Century Learning
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Contemporary Issues in Practitioner Education
- School Policy
Research Projects & External Funding
Ryan is investigating whether Twitter can be used as an educational resource in secondary classrooms. The PhD research will aim to develop a framework for educators when social media platforms are used in learning contexts. Ryan’s wider goal and project is to create paperless classrooms in mainstream education.
Some of Ryan’s previous research projects include:
- An exploration into group feedback
- Mix-pair-share: how effective is Kagan’s approach with KS3 pupils?
- The Effectiveness of Positive Self-Talk, Imagery and Confidence Profiling as Confidence Interventions on Amateur Athletes Perceptions of Self-Confidence
Enterprise Interest and Activities
As part of Ryan's PhD journey, he will discuss education technology (EdTech) and the move towards a paperless classroom on https://iiteducation.co.uk.
Ryan is an active member of Twitter and will be microblogging any relevant research.
Bachelor, Teesside University
Award Date: 1 Jun 2014
Marketing Manager, Imperial Brands1 Jan 2020 → …
Project Manager , Sheffield Hallam University15 Feb 2018 → 31 Dec 2019
Research output: Other contribution