Temitope obtained his PhD in Economics from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, United Kingdom in 2021. He holds a Post Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology (Business and Management) from the same University of Strathclyde, an M. A in Health Economics from Eastern Michigan University, Michigan, U.S.A; an MSc in Economics from University of Jos, Nigeria and a BSc in Economics [2:1] from Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria. His teaching and research experience cut across continents. Temitope was previously a lecturer at the City Colleges of Chicago [ Wilbur Wright College] in the USA where he taught Macroeconomics theories and Microeconomics theories for four years. He was formerly an associate lecturer (Doctoral Teaching Assistant) at the University of Strathclyde Business school, Economics department. He has published papers in international journals and currently one of the reviewers of OPEC Energy Review Journal. He previously held industry positions in a private corporation and the public sector: as a Business Development Manager with the leading multinational corporation, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Pharmaceutical, and as a Rates Analyst [Energy Regulatory Economist] with the Illinois Commerce Commission, Illinois-U.S. A from where he joined Teesside University.
Temitope supervises post-graduate dissertations, including the TIUBS MBA online program.
Research interests and expertise:
- Energy Business and Resource Allocations (Energy Economics).
- Applied Macroeconomics.
- Business Growth Theories & Development (Development Economics).
- Dynamics of Institutions in Business (Institutional Economics)
- Applied Econometrics.
- Political & Demographic Economics.
- Applied Microeconomics & Environmental Economics.
- Business Operations of Multilateral Organizations [International Economics].
- Business Enterprises in the Global South (Economics of Developing Nations).
- Health Economics.